McDonald’s will shut down all of its restaurants in the UK and Ireland after previously offering takeaway and drive-thru services amid increasing concern over the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak. The fast food giant first stripped back its offering on 17 March when it announced it would close all seating areas across the country to mitigate the spread of the virus, which has killed 281 people in the UK. However in a statement the business confirmed it would go a step further by fully closing its more than 1,300 outlets across the region by 7pm on Monday. In a statement, the company said: “We have taken the difficult decision to close all McDonalds restaurants in the UK and Ireland by 7pm on Monday 23 March at the latest. “This is not a decision we are taking lightly, but one made with the wellbeing and safety of our employees in mind as well as in the best interests of our customers.” The company plans to work with local community groups to distribute its leftover food. It comes two days after the government called on all restaurants, pubs and bars to close – however in his announcement Boris Johnson left the door open to those seeking to sell meals for home delivery. Mr Johnson had appealed for the country to take the ban seriously “to protect the NHS and save lives” but promised to review the measures “each month” “I do accept that what we’re doing is extraordinary – we’re taking away the ancient inalienable right of freeborn people of the United Kingdom to go to the pub,” he said. “And I can understand how people feel about that. But I say to people who do go against the advice that we’re getting, the very clear advice that we’re getting from our medical and scientific experts, you know you’re not only putting your own life, the lives of your family, at risk – you’re endangering the community.” independent.co.uk/news/health/mcdonalds-closed-coronavirus-uk-latest-delivery-drive-thru-a9417361.html

‘This is not a decision we are taking lightly, but one made with the wellbeing and safety of our employees in mind’

Related Feeds

有線寬頻重整架構涉一百人,而新聞部裁四十人 各位覺得應唔應該取消有線訂戶

#喇沙 片流出 youtube.com/watch?v=AlyblmI2-WE

作為香港人,見到覺得好感動,同時好感慨。我地可以點先返番去以前既香港?

城中熱話

城中熱話

侵侵

29 Followers

0 Followings

437 feeds

侵侵

師奶仔

64 Followers

3 Followings

187 feeds

師奶仔

江美儀

6 Followers

0 Followings

115 feeds

江美儀

Chris Yung

9 Followers

0 Followings

139 feeds

Chris Yung

Caster

42 Followers

0 Followings

334 feeds

Caster

Paul paul

3 Followers

0 Followings

113 feeds

Paul paul

Xoxo

7 Followers

8 Followings

112 feeds

Xoxo

🏋️‍♂️CC 1014

4239 Followers

5 Followings

6664 feeds

🏋️‍♂️CC 1014

Aprilwong421

14 Followers

11 Followings

42 feeds

Aprilwong421

China

Hong Kong

New Territories

Hong Kong Island

Central and Western District

Central and Western District

Central District

North District

North District

Tin Sam

Admiralty

On Lok Tsuen Industrial Area

Fanling

United Kingdom

England

Fanling Station Road

North West England

Cumbria

Eden

Ravenstonedale

White Green